Sunday, March 29, 2009

in the basement of the house i grew up in, i found my father's chartpak rub on letters, my old artwork, and my sticker collection. which included michael jordan valentine's day stickers (or perhaps stickers suitable for any romantic occassion). instead of letting these collect value (which they indubitably will), i have been giving them to friends and sticking them everywhere. the chartpak letters are more important and will be used as formal labels.

"you're cool!"

not supposed to be the dude from the sopranos. i save jpgs of weird looking people from the internet. these references never look like the end result, but somehow in this process i ended up painting tony soprano. my jersey roots are coming through.

this is a nice guy from a "how to" photography book circa 1970ish.
will be painting many more excellent people from that book soon.

here is my dirty yet charming notebook. how's my kerning.

tune in for whatever i decide to do with the lisa frank stickers.

1 comment:

Noel Chanyungco said...

im digging this portraits